Friday, October 17, 2014

Karess Lee
Survey Blog

         My documentary is on 4 Paws for Ability and as a group many of us are doing different things. Two of the members of the group decided to do  interviews while the rest of us three decided to do surveys. I decided to do a survey which includes a minimum  of fifty people. My survey questions consist of three questions. Question number one is are you female or male? Question number two is do you think college student are capable of training a dog to become a service dog? Question number three was do you think Pit bulls are able to be service dogs? Well so far I have gotten thirty four people to complete my survey. I asked them also if they could tell why or why not. I picked these questions because I wanted to get a view from the people if they think college kids can handle training a dog on their own. I also chose to ask what the people think about pitbulls becoming service dogs because they are restricted on becoming one. The result of my survey so far is that I have received twenty seven  females and seven males so far to complete the survey. My next question I received sixteen yes that college student can train dogs to become service dogs, six answered no and  eleven said maybe.  Those who said yes believe that people can do anything if they put their mine to it and if they really want to do it they can with the proper training. Those who said no believe that college student have a lot on there plate already with focusing on school. Those who said maybe believe that it depends on if the person can handle the responsibilities of taking care of a dog and training the dog to become a service dog. For my last question surprisingly twenty four people said yes to letting pit bulls become  service dogs and 10 said no. Those who said yes believe that you can train any dog to become a service dog with the right training but those who said no claim that the dogs are too vicious. I will continue one with my survey so I can find the people's answer because I question why pit bulls are restricted  when there are a lot out there that are not vicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment